Monday, August 18, 2008

Cancel those American Airlines flights

If you are booked on American Airlines go ahead and cancel that flight now. Chances are if you don't, then American Airlines will go ahead and do it for you. Yep, that's right ... not only did they cancel our flight out of Nashville on the way out, they also cancelled our flight back into Nashville upon arrival from Shanghai. It's like winning the lottery, except not in a good way. Our unhelpful ticket agents were not much use, which is why I am sitting here in Chicago at 4:30 am as a very unsatisfied customer instead of at home with my family who I haven't seen for two weeks (did I mention that we had students crying when they found out that we couldn't get home until tomorrow?). We had a great trip to China and the Olympics, but unfortunately the thing that will stand out for our students is the trouble we had with the airlines (American Airlines). Go ahead and cancel those flights now and do not book with them in the future ... ever!!!

2 comments:

Tauna Navalta said...

Oh, James = my heart feels for you. It is such a hard thing to plan for so many, so far in advance and then have something like this happen at the last of a great experience. Besides having to sit in an airport all night long and being so tired. And I know how Bess and the kids were also looking forward to welcoming you home.
I leave for Hawaii today (Mon.18th) and I hope my Delta flight will be running without any hitches.

kam said...

BOO!!! what a horrible thing to ruin such an awesome experience. hopefully the next olympics are better and maybe the whole family can go with (or at least bess!) i'm glad you eventually got home ok.